Core Scientific, the blockchain internet hosting and digital asset mining firm, is constructing a brand new 300- megawatt (MW) blockchain information heart in Denton, Texas.
- The corporate is constructing the information heart utilizing “emissions-free energy supplemented by renewable power credit.”
- “When accomplished, the brand new Denton information heart will improve the corporate’s complete energy capability to greater than 800MW whereas remaining 100% internet carbon-neutral,” the corporate stated in an announcement on Thursday.
- The enlargement is part of a improvement collaboration with privately held Tenaska Power, which is able to present improvement and energy administration companies for the power and function power advisor.
- Core is planning to go public by way of a particular goal acquisition firm (SPAC) with Energy & Digital Infrastructure Acquisition Corp.
- Just lately, crypto mining agency Argo Blockchain stated that it agreed to purchase 20,000 mining machines for the information heart it’s constructing in West Texas. Argo stated that by selecting the Texas location, it has been in a position to safe entry to a number of the “most cost-effective renewable power worldwide.”