The Staples Heart area in Los Angeles, identified to professional basketball followers as “The Home That Kobe Constructed,” might be renamed Crypto.com Area on Christmas day, the sector introduced.
- The Singapore-based crypto alternate purchased the naming rights from AEG for 20 years, for $700 million, the L.A. Instances reported, citing sources aware of the matter.
- The $700 million determine makes it one of many largest naming rights offers in sports activities historical past, based on the newspaper. An AEG spokesperson declined to touch upon the determine.
- The multi-purpose area will reveal the brand new branding on Dec. 25, when the Los Angeles Lakers host the Brooklyn Nets. All Staples Heart exterior indicators might be modified to the brand new identify by June 2022.
- Crypto.com may even be an official accomplice of the Los Angeles Lakers and professional hockey’s LA Kings below the settlement.
- The crypto alternate’s brand already adorns the jerseys of the Nationwide Basketball Affiliation Philadelphia 76ers crew.
- AEG is the sports activities and leisure firm that owns and operates the Staples Heart, in addition to different main sports activities and music venues like The O2 in London and Mercedes Platz in Berlin.
Learn extra: Crypto.com Appears to Money In on Bull Market With $100M Promoting Marketing campaign
UPDATE (Nov. 17, 08:00 UTC): Provides AEG remark in second paragraph.